Friday, June 4, 2010

Brain Hijacked

Just at the point when I am trying, almost deperately, to get movement on my X-Logic and an associated informal analytic meta-methodology, an opportunity to engage with the Theorem Proving community comes up which I can't ignore.

Workshop on Trusted Extensions of Interactive Theorem Provers


The workshop is August 11-12 2010, in Cambridge, (England!) and abstracts for contributed talks have to be in by 28 June.
I intend to submit an abstract for a talk on X-Logic.  (I have already talked about X-Logic at the Computer Labs in Cambridge, but things have moved on since then).

At the heart of X-Logic is a system assurance/trust/authority (not sure which words to use) tags which is partly inspired by the problems of trust that arise in interworking between interactive theorem provers and other software (but also by a long list of other related problems).
X-Logic is now at the heart of my thinking about analytic methods appropriate for use in philosophy (and elsewhere). Alternatively, it is a label for the formal side of my methodological thinking.

The timescales are short, so it is likely to hijack my brain between now and the event (if my abstract were accepted, otherwise up to the point of its being declined!).

Though I will be pre-occupied with getting my story straight for the workshop, I hope there will be plenty of room for discussion about the impact of X-Logic on my philosphical projects, including the Carnap/Grice conversation, and my other thing.  I will be posting on this at the X-Logic blog, and probably something at Carnap Corner, The Eternal City, and maybe other places too.

Watch these spaces.

RBJ

1 comment:

Roger Bishop Jones said...

I should have said August 11-12.